Arts Alive! Chesapeake, formerly Chesapeake Friends of the Arts (CFOTA), was established in May of 2006 as an educational and non-profit 501(c)(3) organization to stimulate participation in, and an appreciation of the Arts in Chesapeake.
Arts Alive! Chesapeake Objectives:
- Make the arts a part of every child's life.
- Sponsor quality visual and performing arts that are affordable and accessible to Chesapeake audiences of all ages.
- Support and stimulate both new and established artists.
- Support and facilitate the development of visual and performing arts venues open to the public and located within the City of Chesapeake.
- Build a membership of individuals, families, organizations and businesses, which include Levels of Giving.
- Conduct fundraisers to support the above objectives.
Our Board of Directors meets the 3rd Monday of each month at 6:30 PM at the Chesapeake Lifestyle Center, 800 Battlefield Boulevard, North, Chesapeake.
Members and prospective members are welcome to attend!
Arts Alive Bylaws
Currently under revision; check back in late December 2013. We are currently operating under the version dated June, 2011.